[e2e] Two questions on simulation of AQM

Zhang Miao zm at csnet1.cs.tsinghua.edu.cn
Wed Apr 11 02:12:21 PDT 2001

Hi, Wu
   Your argument seems reasonable for dropping. If a packet is dropped earlier,
it may provide a room for another packet. There is indeed a tradeoff between
feeding back faster and the hazard of dropping more packets. But how about marking?
Is there also such tradeoff?
   For question 2, I agree that the effect is slight. But this effect becomes more
important when the performance of two AQM schemes are very similar. In the paper of
REM(http://netlab.caltech.edu), the difference of goodput between RED and REM is
very little. So several percent effect also becomes important. Perhaps this little
difference has no meaning in simulation results.