[e2e] Re: crippled Internet

Luigi Rizzo luigi at info.iet.unipi.it
Wed Apr 18 08:45:42 PDT 2001

>         It is well known that the technical limitations of
> cable modem networks include the asymmetric bandwidth
> (very limited upstream capacity, relative to downstream)

actually, what _are_ those technical limitations ?
(and the same for DSL, given that there exist symmetrical DSL and
a couple of weeks ago somehow my line here in italy was apparently
misconfigured, and for at about 1hr i was uploading at 256Kbit/s
instead of the 128k i usually have).

	cheers
	luigi

  Luigi RIZZO, luigi at iet.unipi.it  . Dip. di Ing. dell'Informazione
  http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/  . Universita` di Pisa
  TEL/FAX: +39-050-568.533/522     . via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
  Mobile   +39-347-0373137