[e2e] current congestion control specs?

Joseph Ishac Joseph.A.Ishac at grc.nasa.gov
Wed Apr 18 09:12:18 PDT 2001

(1)  RFC 2001 has been obsoleted by RFC 2581 (which, from what I
understand, is geared more towards an implementor's POV)

(2)  SACK is a fairly good loss recovery scheme, and it's implementation is
growing [See M. Allman, "A Web Server's View of the Transport Layer", ACM
Computer Communication Review, 30(5), October 2000] so it would be good to
include it in any implementation of a network stack.  SACK is defined in
RFC 2018 and extended in RFC 2883.

(3)  I have not read RFC 2914 yet either, so I cannot provide feedback on
that, but perhaps someone else can?

Hope this helps,

-Joseph
Joseph Ishac