[e2e] queue averaging introduces delay

Alhussein Abouzeid hussein at ee.washington.edu
Sun Aug 5 13:55:11 PDT 2001

Kris,

I haven't read your recent papers in too much detail, but I recall that
you proposed to improve the dynamics of RED in your recent Infocom
papers by introducing proportional-integral controllers, the integration part
obviously introducing some sort of averaging, so your comment
here (using the instantaneous queue rather than the average) seems to be
conflicting with your previous work. Maybe you can clarify?

Thanks,
Hussein.