[e2e] Protocols for tightly synchronised multicast?

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Tue Aug 14 18:19:08 PDT 2001

Buffering is so cheap, why try to avoid it?  Just synchronize clocks at all
the receivers and transmit.

Use Tornado coding on multiple levels of quality, and you can even handle
receivers that have different effective bandwidths from the source fountain.

Of course the problem is already highly redundant - if each transducer can
hear the others, then there is much less need for identical information to all.

- David