[e2e] SCTP

Randall Stewart randall at stewart.chicago.il.us
Wed Aug 22 10:20:30 PDT 2001

Craig:

Wow, you always did impress me ... now you have really
impressed me..

I do think it is possible for someone without SCTP knowledge
to, using the RFC and ref-impl's, go ahead and implement
a user land version in 3-6 months but I would think it
would be tough sledding to do it in the kernel in 6 months.

I have just begun a KAME associated project with 2 other
folks.. we are hoping to be done within 8 months...we may
get done sooner but I am not sure we can make that much sooner...

Now to be truthful I don't see that any of us have full time
8 hours a day available... more like 2 of us 5 hours a day and
the third person will have less time.... so if Jayesh has
someone else helping him he may be able to do it...

But in any case (speaking with a lot of experence working
in the kernel) it will be a long tough process to finish
in 6 months with a stable full-featured implementation...

(the Linux folks have had at least two people working on
 it for a year and a good part of the last 6 months they have
 had at least 6 people... and they are still not done yet).

--
Randall R. Stewart
randall at stewart.chicago.il.us 815-342-5222 (cell phone)