[e2e] [Fwd: RED-->ECN]

Jon Crowcroft J.Crowcroft at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 1 09:33:24 PST 2001

In message <CC2E64D4B3BAB646A87B5A3AE97090420EFADA10 at speak.dogfood>, Christian
Huitema typed:

 >>I believe that the only way to solve this problem is to change the CA
 >>algorithm. The only way elephants can keep ahead of mice is, if their
 >>window scales as 0(1/L), instead of 0(1/sqrt(L)).

 Christian

all jolly technically true and all that, but what about the intrinsic
value of content - tcp is used for downloads - most short downloads
are part of web sessions with a sequence of interactions where as most
long downlaods are fetching new (microsoft?:-) releases - why shouldnt
the poor interactive user getter a better deal...what about shortest
job first scheduling argument for overall average numeber of jobs
compelted in a workload mix? eh?

j.