[e2e] Can feedback be generated more fast in ECN?

Rogerio de Carvalho Andrade Rogerio.Andrade at Embrapa.br
Tue Feb 13 02:39:09 PST 2001

Hi, Zhang.

We have discussed it some time ago. I worked with this kind of "reverse
notification" in my master dissertation (finished last month) using
ICMP-SQM. We create an algorithm, named SQM-Response, that improve
TCP congestion control mechanism.

If you (all) are interested, you can download a postscript version of
my dissertation from http://www.cin.ufpe.br/~rca3/tese/ (in portuguese)

   Andrade, Rogerio. "Algoritmo SQM-Response para Controle de
     Congestionamento do TCP em Redes com QoS" - UFPE - 2001
     (in portuguese) - http://www.cin.ufpe.br/~rca3/tese/

We are working on a paper (in english) about it and we intend to submit it
soon!

Best regards,
Rogerio.