[e2e] Can feedback be generated more fast in ECN?

Rogerio de Carvalho Andrade Rogerio.Andrade at Embrapa.br
Tue Feb 13 02:52:00 PST 2001

Zhang Miao wrote:
> (2) About the additional load
>     If Source Quench introduces additional load to the network, ECN also does.
> Perhaps in ECN, the congestion will influence more broad than in Source Quench.
> (For the congestion will be "echoed" by the congested router with Source Quench).
> Addtionally, if the link is congested in one direction, can we deduce that the link
> is also congested in the reverse direction. The more often scenario is links
> with heterogenous load in the two directions.

Correct! And I say more: if you can notificate congestions more quikly, you will
have less dropped packets in a connection, that is, less congestion.

[]'s
Rogerio.