[e2e] Can feedback be generated more fast in ECN?

Michael Welzl michael at tk.uni-linz.ac.at
Wed Feb 14 07:16:47 PST 2001

> We need not limit to SQ.
> The question is:
> (1) whether backward ECN(SQ like) is better than forward ECN(ECN like)

All BECN-for-the-Internet efforts that I know of used SQ. It's handy
because it's available and designed for that purpose. And whatever
you use doesn't really matter.

And you can't limit it to this simple question; it's just a little
more complex. But if you absolutely WANT it as simple as that
("could it replace ECN because it's plainly better"), the answer is no.

> (2) can we design a "cheap" mechanism using backward ECN

Now that's a relevant question.   :)

Cheers,
Michael