[e2e] test of MIME email (question about MIME)

Joe Touch touch at ISI.EDU
Wed Jan 31 15:56:25 PST 2001

Hi, all,

There were enough questions regarding this that I figured
I'd send to the list.

The purpose of the test was to make sure the mail
system did not defeat MIME, _not_ to support or
endorse it for most posts.

Earlier postings included a trailer (a mail list signature)
that, I was later shown, broke a MIME standard. The
purpose of the test was to verify that the list was
configured to avoid that error.

I'm not endorsing sending MIME to this list - it's
basically a discussion list. However, MIME is sometimes sent
even as a wrapper for ASCII from some mailers (which those
without can easily enough ignore), and I wanted to make
sure the mailer did not a-prior defeat it.

I hope that helps...

Joe