[e2e] Windows NT implementation of TCP

Mahesh Sooriyabandara mahesh at erg.abdn.ac.uk
Wed Jul 4 03:53:33 PDT 2001

I had a link to a white paper from Microsoft which describes the NT5.0
TCP implementation. Apparently page is no longer there. But answer to
your question from that document is

" By default, Windows NT 5.0 resends a segment if it receives three ACKs
for
the same sequence number, and that sequence number lags the current one.

This is controllable with the TcpMaxDupAcks registry parameter"

It has fast retransmit.

Cheers,

Mahesh.