[e2e] How TCP might look with always there ESP

Douglas Otis dotis at sanlight.net
Tue Jul 17 10:32:23 PDT 2001

Robert,

If you wish this scheme to be useful for SCTP on a packet basis as well as
TCP, you may wish to consider using the sequence number only to be
restrictive within a sliding window and not use it to mandate sequential
delivery.  This suggestion changes existing schemes for TLS but would allow
normal layering of security.  As security digests are larger than current
checksums or CRC fields, it would not be difficult to conclude improved
error detection as a result.

Doug