[Tsvwg] Re: [e2e] e2e principle..where??....

Manish Karir karir at wam.umd.edu
Mon Jun 4 07:42:54 PDT 2001

I think I agree with your distinction between breaking and violating e2e
this lets use keep the e2e principle in our minds as an idea but
still if no otherway is possible then it allows us to consider
even non e2e solutions.

not to drag out this topic any longer than it already has...
but how come e2e concerns never came up when PPP header compression
was first developed...:)
this is another example of something that is used almost everywhere,
but is not strictly e2e.

but then again, using our new distinctions once again this would be
considered e2e breaking but not e2e violating as we can alway turn
this off?? (actually I'm not sure if its possible to turn off PPP
header compression??)

this can of worms should should have been left unopened..:)

manish karir