[Tsvwg] Re: [e2e] e2e principle..where??....

Manish Karir karir at wam.umd.edu
Mon Jun 4 15:41:06 PDT 2001

so with this description a satellite system that uses 2 proxies
on each end of a satellite link and does its own protocol between
the proxies is also compatible with the e2e argument.
server---proxy1---proxy2---client
so long as the bits comming out on the proxy1---server and
proxy2--client are the same...?
the only gurantee is that as you say.."the bits get delivered
as sent......and the bits are unmodified..."
so inbetween the 2 proxies compression etc...are all completely valid?

If as you say, the e2e argument does not say what happens inside the
network, then I guess the above would hold true....

manish karir