[e2e] traffic engineering considered harmful

Manish Karir karir at wam.umd.edu
Tue Jun 12 14:07:24 PDT 2001

definately a very e2e idea, but misses one crucial fact, that
the network providers are different from the consumers(the ends).
the network providers can never be convinced to trust the ends to
do the right thing(did'nt somebody on this list bring up the issue of
trust earlier...??) think about it...if you spend millions building
out your network, would you let somebody else control it??

manish karir