UDP vs. TCP distribution [was: Re: [e2e] Can feedback be generated...]

Sally Floyd floyd at aciri.org
Fri Mar 2 09:12:11 PST 2001

>So the 95% figure for TCP still looks reasonable in 2001, at least for
>that particular link

Many thanks for posting your results.  I have added a pointer to them
on a web page on "Measurement Studies of End-to-End Congestion Control
in the Internet", at "http://www.aciri.org/floyd/ccmeasure.html",
where we are trying to track information from measurement studies about
how end-to-end congestion control is actually doing in the Internet.

I would be particularly interested if anyone's measurements ever
indicated a surge of non-congestion-controlled traffic in the
Internet...

- Sally