[e2e] paper on "Difficulties in Simulating the Internet" nowavailable

Jon Crowcroft J.Crowcroft at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Sun Mar 11 05:58:05 PST 2001

In message <3AAA33AA.5FCAA3B9 at cs.columbia.edu>, "Henning G. Schulzrinne" typed:

 >>> Might it be a good idea to consider having a common database/pool for
 >>> research papers/preprints dealing with the different research topics? Like
 >>> the way the physics community has the Los Alamos archive.

there was/is an attempt to do exactly this, but it takes time to build - i'm
not sure what its current status is

in the meantime, henning is right - his is the nearest we have, and given
the efforts of IEEE Infocom and ACM SIGCOMM and other releated
conferences to encourage the archival of conference proceedings online
for all, you can generally find most timely information via netbib
(and citeseer) now without recourse to walking over the your real
libray (btw, you have quite a good one below that  ugly tower in
cambridge that domiantes the skyline from many approaches:-)

 >><ad>Well, there's netbib, with about 55,000 networking-related papers,
 >>http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/netbib</ad>

& i personally freel that distributed lassez-fair approaches work better
for a diverse growing community than the focuessed approach that math
& phsyics people have enjoyed in their social context...

 cheers

   jon