[e2e] TCP Framing

John Laws laws at dera.gov.uk
Tue Mar 27 02:29:25 PST 2001

LLoyd,

On 26 Mar 2001, at 19:09, Lloyd Wood wrote:

> Okay, just how old do you have to be to know that Jeremy 'Bentham'
> Postel later changed his name by deed poll to Jon?

I never knew that (and I'm old), but it's a very "interesting"
connection (James Burke, Scientific American style) back to another
Jon (Crowcroft) at UCL AND that the major benefactor for the
foundation of UCL is a Jeremy Bentham. His mummified body is in a
display case within UCL (a condition I think of granting his money
over to UCL).

John

_________________________

John Laws
Security & Information Systems
Battlespace Management Dept.
Integrated Systems Sector, Security Division
Defence Evaluation & Research Agency, Malvern Worcs WR14 3PS UK
Tel +44 1684 89-4903 (with voice mail), Fax +44 1684 89-6064
DERA Standard Internet Disclaimer "The Information contained
in this e-mail and any subsequent correspondence is private
and is intended solely for the intended recipient(s).  For
those other than the intended recipient any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on such information is prohibited and may be unlawful."