[e2e] ICMP & TCP segments with IP ID = 0?

Rick Jones raj at cup.hp.com
Thu May 17 10:33:32 PDT 2001

> In addition the classic global ipid counter is a contended global
> resource on a multiprocessor stack, and maintaining it per
> destination also has its problems.

It (generating IP IDs) didn't seem to be that big a deal for up to
16-CPU systems running SPECweb96 benchmarks, and there are up to 12-CPU
systems today doing SPECweb99 bencharks.

rick jones
--
ftp://ftp.cup.hp.com/dist/networking/misc/rachel/
feel free to email, OR post, but please do NOT do BOTH...