[e2e] TCP flow count estimation

Christian Huitema huitema at windows.microsoft.com
Thu Nov 29 09:31:43 PST 2001

Jon,

This algorithm breaks badly if a box on the way implements some form of
leaky bucket admission control, and if the leaky bucket can allow more
than 2 packets. The test packets will detect the underlying link
capacity, while a stream of real packets would be constrained by the
token arrival rate.

-- Christian Huitema