[e2e] disintermediation?

Micah Beck mbeck at cs.utk.edu
Fri Oct 12 14:11:34 PDT 2001

I am looking for a word to describe the principle that an ISP is not
responsible for the data that flows across its network as long as it does
not make any non-technical decisions regarding the handling of that data.  I
thought that this was one meaning of the word "disintermediation" (removing
the middleman) but I can't find any reference to it.  Do anyone know if this
is a legitimate meaning, or if there is any other word that captures the
meaning I want.  Either way, would you be able to suggest a reference?

Thanks for your help,
Micah Beck
University of Tennessee