[e2e] disintermediation?

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Mon Oct 15 08:41:02 PDT 2001

It's called the principle of common carriage, "common carriers" are not
responsible for the traffic that flows through them, as long as they are
non-discriminatory and do not contribute to the content of the message.

References in telecom law are numerous - I can't give you one off the top
of my head.