[e2e] typical network syllabus

Wu Yan yan.wu3 at asu.edu
Tue Oct 30 21:24:58 PST 2001

Hi,
    As a student, I think splitting is a good idea. Maybe an introductory
course could go first, which covers the concepts of most topics. After
taking this course the students could have an overview of networking
technology. Later they could take advanced courses which deal with specific
topics. For example, a course on network performance, a course on security,
a course on mobile networks.

    It's very hard to include all the materials in one semester-based
course. Some materials are from different areas. For example, security needs
knowledge about cryptography; while mobility is related to materials covered
in wireless communications.

Yan Wu

Telecommunication Research Center

Electrical Engineering Department