[Tsvwg] Re: [e2e] What's the benefit of out-of-order processing?

Qiaobing Xie xieqb at cig.mot.com
Mon Sep 17 15:51:56 PDT 2001

This out-of-order processing service was specifically required by MEGACO
folks at one point (don't know whether they still use it). Some of
MEGACO messages were transaction-oriented and always carried a
transaction ID inside, this means that the receiver can often process
them independently.

The same is true for other transaction-oriented applications, such as
database query services.

-Qiaobing