[Tsvwg] Re: [e2e] What's the benefit of out-of-order processi

Sam Liang sliang at DSG.Stanford.EDU
Mon Sep 17 18:25:01 PDT 2001

Venkata,

  I took a look at the documents you suggested.  The first two
(atm2000.pdf and sld009.htm) presented some data to show that SCTP is TCP
friendly.  But I saw no experiements done and no data presented to show
TCP's alleged problem of head-of-line blocking and delay.

  Also, doesn't TCP's urgent pointer offer a means to deliver out-of-band
data?

Sam