[Tsvwg] Re: [e2e] What's the benefit of out-of-order processi

Michael A. Ramalho mramalho at cisco.com
Thu Sep 20 07:09:47 PDT 2001

At 06:25 PM 9/17/2001 -0700, Sam Liang wrote:
>Venkata,
>
>   I took a look at the documents you suggested.  The first two
>(atm2000.pdf and sld009.htm) presented some data to show that SCTP is TCP
>friendly.  But I saw no experiements done and no data presented to show
>TCP's alleged problem of head-of-line blocking and delay.

Paul Lin (of Telcordia Technologies then) showed several plots
depicting the problem at the first sigtran meeting (or maybe
the BOF that led to sigtran's creation). The "alleged" problem is
real for transactions stuck behind the blocked/dropped
segment. Maybe Paul's slides they are archived in the
sigtran meeting minutes.

I think Paul is now at Intel ... but do not know if he is on tsvwg.