[e2e] Multiple TCP-friendly Sessions and Cong. Control inuser-mode?

Cannara cannara at attglobal.net
Wed Apr 10 20:33:28 PDT 2002

Agree with Christian here.  Having been involved, for some time, with
one of the chip vendors who supplies the major gear makers who build
everything from core to last-mile and end systems, it's clear that far
more capacity exists within the overall net than is being used.  And, on
the periphery, where systems now have access to single-chip devices that
manage hundreds of thousands of flows in multi-Gb/s aggregates, it's clear
that the original need for transport-layer flow control for the network
layer's benefit is an anachronism.

Alex