[e2e] Re: [Tsvwg] FTCP algorithm

Dohy HONG Dohy.Hong at ens.fr
Fri Apr 26 09:46:48 PDT 2002

Dear Lloyd,

You are right. The idea is not new.
But I'm really surprised by the conclusions given
in the paper infocom2000.
Without knowing these previous works, my conclusion
was exactly the opposite.
I'll try to understand more clearly what was the exact
implementation done by Aggarwal, Savage and Anderson.
I doubt some differences in the leaky-bucket mechanism
which could lead to very different results.
In particular, in FTCP, the parameter MPPN
(Maximum Patient Packet Number) may be crucial.
The number of packets waiting for 'pacing' must be
kept small. So, if this number reaches the value MPPN
the most patient packet is immediately sent.
What do you think?

Best regards,
Dohy

Email : Dohy.Hong at ens.fr