[e2e] Rebroadcast of Sigcomm Keynote 12:30pm EDT Today!

Lars Eggert larse at ISI.EDU
Wed Aug 21 11:33:25 PDT 2002

Kay Sripanidkulchai wrote:
> As requested, the keynote address by Scott Shenker, this year's
> SIGCOMM Award winner, will be rebroadcast starting at 12:30pm EDT
> today (Wednesday August 21, 2002).
> To participate, you need a system with the following requirements:
>
> - A machine with Windows 98/NT/ME/2000/XP
> - You cannot be behind a firewall or NAT
> - You need to have a DSL, Cable Modem, or better connection
> - QuickTime client versions 5.0 and up, available at
>   http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download

One of the nice things about the MBone tools (or even RealPlayer) is
that they are multi-platform. I'm not sure what the benefits of this
particular streaming tool are, but requiring Windows is a significant
disadvantage when catering to a technical audience IMO.

Lars
--
Lars Eggert <larse at isi.edu>           USC Information Sciences Institute