[e2e] (no subject)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon Aug 26 19:47:22 PDT 2002

At 07:01 PM 8/26/02, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

>Joe Touch assures me the majority here would rather have it easier to
>post from multiple addresses than to get rid of such spam forever. Is
>that really what most people here think?

Not I.   I filter my incoming mail into two categories:
1/ mail from known, trusted sources, and
2/ mail from unknown sources.

I end up looking at category 2/ mail much less frequently than category 1/
mail, because most of category 2/ turns out to be spam.  Mail from mailing
lists (such as "end2end-interest" is always put in category 1/), so I would
*really* prefer that it contain as little spam as possible.

Most IETF mailing lists have now been reconfigured so that only messages
posted by subscribers get delivered without moderation.  Please do the same
to the "end2end-interest" mailing list.

         Ross.