spam (Re: [e2e] (no subject))

Joe Touch touch at ISI.EDU
Tue Aug 27 07:43:18 PDT 2002

Scott W Brim wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 08:43:38AM -0400, Perry E. Metzger allegedly wrote:
>
>>Part of my reason for asking the question as I did was to try to
>>convince list management that people would prefer to do without the
>>spam regardless of whether they could post from multiple places.
>
> I apparently get far less spam than you do, and this list in particular
> is mostly spam-free.  For me, things are okay as they are.  I wouldn't
> object to the change but don't long for it.

And, FWIW, I add filters as quickly as I can, but when I am on travel,
it's not as easy to keep up with the list.

What I am considering is to add automatic spam filters (ala
spamasassin). The consideration is technical - if I can add it, I will.

Again, all 'spam'-tagged mail IS held for review; false positives will
go through with a short (1/2-1 day) delay).

Joe