[e2e] Compression of web pages

Woojune Kim wkim at airvananet.com
Tue Aug 27 09:50:13 PDT 2002

Thanks for the note.

But, correct me if I'm wrong, this is more of a passive indication saying I can receive gziped files. What I was wondering if there was a way for the user to indicate proactively, "Please compress these HTML files when you send them to me."

The original question was triggered by how we can allow wireless internet users to get compressed web pages. It seems only by having the web proxy modify the http data can we get what I was thinking about.

thanks