[e2e] Comparing different TCP flavours?

Prof.Anurag Kumar anurag at ece.iisc.ernet.in
Mon Dec 9 20:14:58 PST 2002

Martin

	On your points (i) Dynamic arrival of finite size flows, (ii)
Average performance over the finite sized flows, the following paper of
ours may be useful.

Arzad Alam Kherani and Anurag Kumar, ``Stochastic Models for Throughput
Analysis of Randomly Arriving Elastic Flows in the Internet,'' IEEE
Infocom 2002.

	However, we do not study what happens if the randomly arriving
transfers randomly use different TCP "flavours".

	This and other related papers (including two on closed loop buffer
analysis with finite size randomly arriving TCP transfers) are available
on my webpage

		http://ece.iisc.ernet.in/~anurag

and we have much ongoing work in this area, both on modelling and control.

regards
Anurag Kumar

Anurag Kumar				     |e-mail: anurag at ece.iisc.ernet.in
Professor             			     |Phone: (+91)-80-360 0855 or
and Associate Chairman 			     |       (+91)-80-394 2387
Dept. of Electrical Communication Engg. (ECE)|Fax:   (+91)-80-360 0991 or
Indian Institute of Science (IISc)           |       (+91)-80-360 0683
Bangalore, 560 012, INDIA                    |http://ece.iisc.ernet.in/~anurag