[e2e] the evolution of deployability

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Tue Dec 17 12:05:42 PST 2002

At 10:36 AM 12/17/2002 -0800, Fred Baker wrote:
>At 12:58 PM 12/17/2002 -0500, J. Noel Chiappa wrote:
>>C and M, I'm fairely sure, have no religion other than $$$, and would have
>>sold the customers sky-blue left-handed rabbits if that's what the customers
>>wanted. They sold NAT boxes because that's what customers wanted.
>
>and are right now selling IPv6 - both M and C, and btw J (who is making a
>Big Deal about it).

Years late and features short.   Try to use the IPv6 in Windows XP.   Try
to get instructions on how to set it up correctly.   For a company that
tries to claim Plug and Play as its own (and has done a pretty darn good
job on 802.11) the IPv6 configuration looks like a Ph.D. thesis project
that is not quite done, but the advisor signed off on it anyway.   I'd be
ashamed to ship such crap.