[e2e] the evolution of deployability

Richard Jimmerson richardj at arin.net
Wed Dec 18 09:28:52 PST 2002

Hello Ran,

In regard to mention of ARIN in this discussion,
I offer two points of clarification:

1. ARIN does not have policies in place that require
organizations to use NAT when providing services to
customers.  ARIN staff are under strict instruction
to not even suggest the use of NAT to organizations
who request IP address space from ARIN.

2. ARIN does not have policies in place that relate to
charging schemes for service providers.  ARIN does not
in any way make recommendations to service providers
regarding how they charge customers for service, or the
use of IP address space.

Please let me know if I may provide any further
information on this subject.

Best Regards,

Richard Jimmerson
Director of Operations