[e2e] the evolution of deployability

Roop Mukherjee bmukherj at shoshin.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Dec 18 12:39:03 PST 2002

I think your dark horses are longshots, probably with worse odds than one
may imagine. With funding cuts the theme in most companies is get back to
so called the customer demands. If anything they are hedging their bets
more. As for startups, most of them are doing retrenching in their own
ways.

Given the amount of persistance and conviction required for the next
stage, my money would be on the almost infinite funding of some brach of
U.S Military along with some academics.

--roop
www.shoshin.uwaterloo.ca/~bmukherj