[e2e] Determining leaky bucket paramteres

Bhuvan Urgaonkar bhuvan at none.cs.umass.edu
Fri Feb 1 12:32:34 PST 2002

Hi there,

I am looking for work that has been done on the following problem: We are
given information about the traffic a source sends over a link (in the
form of the number of bytes sent plotted against time). We would like to
come up with a leaky bucket description that this source adheres to.
Specifically, of the several (rate, burst) pairs that the given traffic
confirms to, which is better than others and why.

It would be a big help if someone could point me to papers that
address either this exact problem or any related problems.

regards,
-Bhuvan