[e2e] Multi-processor scheduling

Chih-Wei Chiang cwchiang at eagle.ee.ntu.edu.tw
Sun Feb 24 18:25:45 PST 2002

Good day,

My problem is about packet scheduling.
Within the area of networking, there are
many single-processor scheduling algorithms
published, but the multi-processor case
(not simply the multi-node case) seems veiled.
However, both single- and multi-processor
scheduling problems have been studied and partly
solved within the context of computer science.
(Maybe I use wrong phrases here...by computer
science I mean computer algorithms, and by networking
I mean those papers and works in ToN, SIGCOMM, and
something alike.) I mainly refer to those problems
mentioned in the book
"Computers and Intractibility: ..." by Garey & Johnson.

Would you please teach me why the interests of these two
areas differ? Or what did I miss so that I raised this question?

Thank you and
Regards,
Chih-Wei Chiang