[e2e] Overly Overlay; Peer to peer is commonplace

Christian Huitema huitema at windows.microsoft.com
Wed Jan 2 09:07:00 PST 2002

> >You are possibly working on the assumption that _someone_ knows, but
they
> >are not telling the rest of us. The alternative explanation is that
noone
> >knows and there is nothing to tell as yet!
>
> From my perspective, what's interesting is that it looks like the
> mobile ad-hoc networking folks are getting ahead of the wire-line
folks.

Uh, looking at recent publications, it seems that most ad hoc routing
algorithms scale with the number of nodes N in at least O(N), if not
O(N^2) -- they also have a scaling dependency on the number of neighbors
per node. Not quite what you would want for Internet wide routing...

-- Christian Huitema