[e2e] Overly Overlay; Peer to peer is commonplace

demir demir at usc.edu
Thu Jan 3 19:35:13 PST 2002

To me, whatever the system (smart, ad hoc, self organised, wireless,
peer2peer) is can not breake the "end2end argument in system design." As a
result, Any implementation satisfies the demand/QoS/requirement/complexity
in its domain is suffucient because there has to be a universal constant
somewhere in any system (We know that QxE=C as a QoS rule). I call this
from zero to infinite complexity/choice/constant (C). The system can be
called "macro" or "micro" such as macroeconomy, microeconomy. Otherwise,
there is always oscillations from truth/right (1) to false/wrong (0) or
vice versa...

Alper K. Demir, PhD student
The University of Southern California