[e2e] Overly Overlay; Peer to peer is commonplace

Douglas Otis dotis at sanlight.net
Fri Jan 18 15:25:41 PST 2002

As wireless already employs a number of methods to cope with an evolving
topology, I was wondering if the use of SCTP's remote naming feature used
together with TCP tunneling techniques would not provide a reasonable
solution.  It could do a number of things.  It would add the ability of the
remote end to define a name space independent of DNS, it would also allow
techniques that employ multi-homing, and improve security.

Doug