[e2e] ResiliencyToward Packet Misordering

Poh Tze Ven tvpoh at essex.ac.uk
Mon Jul 29 11:21:48 PDT 2002

Hi,

As new networking technologies such as MPLS with traffic engineering and
network parallelism are common nowadays to provide higher throughput and
better utilisation of network resource, I believe packet misordering is not
a pathological behaviour anymore as mentioned in "Packet Reordering is Not
Pathological Network Behavior", Jon C. R. Bennett, Craig Partridge, and
Nicholas Shectman. I am particularly interested to know whether is there any
amendment done on latest TCP fast-retransmit component? If it is not, will
it ever be corrected?