[e2e] About TCP modeling in an asymmetric link

Alhussein Abouzeid hussein at ecse.rpi.edu
Sun Mar 10 11:13:41 PST 2002

Wei,
Check the following paper and the references therein (I believe Lakshman
et. al., reference included in the paper below, presented a mathematical
analysis of the case you mention, though they don't mention the
"friendliness" stuff).

Balakrishnan, H.; Padmanabhan, V.N., How network asymmetry affects TCP,
IEEE Communications Magazine , Volume: 39 Issue: 4 , April 2001
Page(s): 60 -67.

Hope this helps,
AA.

Alhussein Abouzeid
Assistant Professor, Electrical, Computer and Systems Eng. Dept.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
http://www.ecse.rpi.edu/Homepages/abouzeid/