[e2e] New spam filters in place

Joe Touch touch at ISI.EDU
Tue Mar 12 11:55:29 PST 2002

Hi, all,

As I indicated last week, we're in the process of installing spam
filters for this list. This was hopefully the last message of this sort
(famous last words) that will creep in - as you will note, our spam
filter caught it on two patterns:

	Subject: [e2e] What's the scoop? dogk

Unfortunately for this message, the filter tagged it before the next
stage (which holds or deletes tagged messages) was in place.

Both stages are now active, and the filters are being augmented with
some very thorough lists. Right now, all spam caught is held and deleted
if verified inappropriate, while we tune the rules.

Thanks again for being patient with the process.

Joe