[e2e] peer2peer + streaming = ?

alexander_carot at gmx.net alexander_carot at gmx.net
Mon Mar 25 03:03:54 PST 2002

Hi Michael,

they do fit together ! You could take a look at www.jxta.org (it´s a sun p2p
project)
and then check out the vop2p projekt or the radioJXTA project. They are
dealing with
exactly that.
Direct access : vop2p.jxta.org

The idea is using a pipe and put the audio information into that. Due to the
fact that most of JXTA is still Java they are using Java-JMF for capturing
and playback.

My own project halu.jxta.org deals with exactly that in order have the
netmusic idea working soon (right now building the platform first with a
file sharing demo application).

Nice subject !

Regards               -- A l e x

http://www.gmx.net