[e2e] Large scale routing simulations

Roop Mukherjee bmukherj at shoshin.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Nov 14 07:42:25 PST 2002

Does anyone here know of a simulator on which it is easy to do the
following?
	- generate large networks topologies
	- automatically configure IP addresses
	- start running IP routing protocols (OSPF+BGP)
In other words I want from the simulator, a large IP routed network.

Searching on terms like "large BGP simulation" has pointed to something
called ssfnet.org, which unfortunately does not seem to exist anymore.
Does anyone know what happened here and is their simulator still available
somewhere else?

ns-2 do not seem to have OSPF or BGP and from what I know cannot self
allocate IP addresses to create a large IP network.

Has anyone tried using OPNET for something similar?

Thanks in advance,
-- Roop