[e2e] how far it queues?

Barney Wolff barney at tp.databus.com
Wed Oct 2 10:54:45 PDT 2002

I believe you're asking the wrong question.  A lot of QoS stuff is to
change behavior under non-mean transients, to reduce jitter.  Also,
with a dozen or more hops across the Internet, it's not clear that
no congestion anywhere along the path is "normal".  Anyway, it's
the heavy tail that QoS folks worry about, not the mean.  Try searching
for RED router.

--
Barney Wolff
I'm available by contract or FT:  http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf