[e2e] Number of persistent connections per HTTP server?

Jim.Gettys at hp.com Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Sun Oct 13 11:13:33 PDT 2002

Penalizing a user for using a proxy (or rewarding them) seemed like a bad
idea, to the extent we could arrange it.

So one way to look at it is that we tried to preserve the end-to-end bandwidth
allocation for users, so I don't agree with Mica's first characterization,
but think his serious comment about overlay networks is exactly correct:
it is certainly the position we took, that a proxy network's behavior should
not aggravate the fairness problem.
                      - Jim