[e2e] Max accelerated connections in TOE

Valentin Ossman Valentin at TehutiNetworks.com
Tue Oct 15 12:51:42 PDT 2002

> Valentin,
>    I am not sure what exactly you are trying to
> accomplish here, but I have servers that have a single
> interface supporting tens of thousands of connections, all of
> which would require acceleration.  Today we are doing this
> with a dedicated TCP offload device inline in the network
> that works well for http, which in my case meets my needs.
> IMHO 4000 simultaneous TCP connections is a SMALL number.

Justin,
You are right about the HTTP case. We can agregate few devices to
achieve more connections.
I curently target my TCP offload engine to the enterprice servers and
storage servers but your input was important too.
	Valentin